A Brazilian woman on a quest to find her long-lost birth mother recently received the shock of her life: after locating her parent with the help of a radio program that specializes in finding lost relatives, she found out that her husband of seven years was actually the brother she never knew she had.
Adriana and her husband Leandro had known they’d both been abandoned by their birth mothers at a very young age. Adriana, 39, hadn’t seen her mother since she was 1, and Leandro learned at 8 that the woman he thought was his mother was, in fact, his stepmother.
The two got together 10 years ago, after Adriana moved back to her hometown in the wake of a failed marriage, and had a child together; neither of them, however, gave up the quest to find their birth mothers, and last month Adriana reached out to Radio Globo’s The Time Is Now. On air, Adriana’s mother disclosed that she’d also had a son whom she’d left — Leandro.
Adriana apparently told Radio Globo that she and Leandro planned to stay together. “Only death is going to separate us,” she said. “All this happened because God wanted it to happen.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time