In an effort to increase substance abuse awareness, Recovery.org decided to compile 100 mugshots from marijuana, DUI, and methamphetamine arrests to see what the average face looks like on drugs.
“While it is unlikely that a user’s basic facial structure depends on the substance they were arrested for, the goal of this project is to expose the effects certain substances might have on a user’s appearance,” the website reads. And what better way to illustrate that than through gifs?
According to Recovery.org, marijuana users tend to have rounder features and a full face, meth users appear gaunt with sagging skin and sunken eyes, and DUI arrestees look … pretty normal.
Here’s a larger version of the final results:
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World