Even though this video of Tom Hanks and others doing scenes from Forrest Gump claims to be an audition tape (and that’s how most other outlets are reporting it), it really tracks far more like a rehearsal. Having surfaced shortly after the Best Picture Oscar winner’s 20th anniversary on July 6, the “audition” tape shows a few familiar scenes from the film featuring Hanks, Robin Wright and Haley Joel Osment.
Perhaps the most jarring aspect of the reel is the absence of Hanks’ infamous Forrest Gump accent, which it now appears mimics that of Michael Conner Humphreys, who played young Forrest in the film (and in the rehearsal tape as well). Sadly, neither Gary Sinise nor Mykelti Williamson make an appearance, but perhaps they’re saving that clip for the 25th anniversary. Clear your schedule for 2019.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science