The comedy team behind “I’m On a Boat,” “D**k in a Box” and “Jizz in My Pants” is getting its own movie. Lonely Island will team up with Judd Apatow Productions to make the film, Deadline reports.
Universal has acquired a still-untitled project. All three group members—Andy Samberg (who won a Golden Globe this year for his performance on Brooklyn Nine-Nine), Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone—will star in the film, and Schaffer and Taccone will co-direct. Apatow, whose movie credits include Knocked Up and 40-Year-Old Virgin, will work with Lonely Island on the project.
The singing trio skyrocketed to fame after their appearances on Saturday Night Live, where Samberg was a cast member and Schaffer and Taccone were writers. In 2009, they released an album called Incredibad, and in 2013 they dropped the Wack Album. Stars like Lady Gaga, Adam Levine and Justin Timberlake have recorded songs with the group.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow