As of October 1, the World Health Organization has reported 7,249 infections of Ebola across six countries, resulting in 3,380 deaths.
This map shows the path of the disease’s outbreak, as recorded by the World Health Organization beginning March 23, 2014. Data from this week shows the disease spreading to the United States, through Eric Duncan who returned from Liberia on September 20.
With reporting from Becca Staneck.
This article was originally published on August 8.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve