Old Navy’s latest back-to-school ad is like a ballad music video spliced with some weird outtakes from Monsters, Inc.
The four-minute musical features a teenage girl imagining all of the possibilities for her future on her first day back to class while batting away a lumpy, hairy and vaguely purple creature named “Womp Womp,” who tries to bring her down. It’s no shocker she doesn’t want to be seen with him in front of the cool kids.
Watch the whole thing to see a duet with her adorable friend on a school bus. (Or is it her boyfriend? At their age, we may never know.) Then cue Womp Womp, running awkwardly after them.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State