Old Navy’s latest back-to-school ad is like a ballad music video spliced with some weird outtakes from Monsters, Inc.
The four-minute musical features a teenage girl imagining all of the possibilities for her future on her first day back to class while batting away a lumpy, hairy and vaguely purple creature named “Womp Womp,” who tries to bring her down. It’s no shocker she doesn’t want to be seen with him in front of the cool kids.
Watch the whole thing to see a duet with her adorable friend on a school bus. (Or is it her boyfriend? At their age, we may never know.) Then cue Womp Womp, running awkwardly after them.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Charlotte Alter at firstname.lastname@example.org