Helen Mirren will grace Broadway with her third portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II, after filling seats and bagging awards from her previous performances in the movie The Queen and the London play The Audience.
Her majesty’s traveling road show will come to New York on February 17 of next year, where Mirren will reprise her award-winning performance in the London production of the The Audience, the Wall Street Journal reports. The play re-imagines private meetings between the queen (the real one, not Mirren) and 12 prime ministers over the course of her 60-year reign.
Mirren won an Olivier Award for her sold out performances in London as well as an Oscar for her performance in The Queen.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now