Kanye West told lawyer during a deposition he’s “the smartest celebrity you’ve ever f***ing dealt with,” according to a transcript acquired by TMZ. “I’m not Britney Spears,” West added.
The transcript is part of a case in which West is accused of getting rough with a photographer and breaking his camera.
“I’m in the business of trying to make dope s**t for the world,” West reportedly told the photographer’s lawyer. “You’re in the business of representing scums and trying to make as much money as long as there’s this lapse in the law.”
When the lawyer asked West where he lives, West responded: “Earth.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now