Kanye West told lawyer during a deposition he’s “the smartest celebrity you’ve ever f***ing dealt with,” according to a transcript acquired by TMZ. “I’m not Britney Spears,” West added.
The transcript is part of a case in which West is accused of getting rough with a photographer and breaking his camera.
“I’m in the business of trying to make dope s**t for the world,” West reportedly told the photographer’s lawyer. “You’re in the business of representing scums and trying to make as much money as long as there’s this lapse in the law.”
When the lawyer asked West where he lives, West responded: “Earth.”
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving