Kanye West told lawyer during a deposition he’s “the smartest celebrity you’ve ever f***ing dealt with,” according to a transcript acquired by TMZ. “I’m not Britney Spears,” West added.
The transcript is part of a case in which West is accused of getting rough with a photographer and breaking his camera.
“I’m in the business of trying to make dope s**t for the world,” West reportedly told the photographer’s lawyer. “You’re in the business of representing scums and trying to make as much money as long as there’s this lapse in the law.”
When the lawyer asked West where he lives, West responded: “Earth.”
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List