Sorry Old MacDonald, but cows these days have no interest in your E-I-E-I-O schtick. Luckily, Derek Klingenberg is a modern farmer and farm-centric musical parody artist who has a YouTube channel and some unique ideas for bringing his cows home for the night.
In this video, Klingenberg set up his chair and video camera, whipped out his trombone and started to sweetly serenade his herd with a cover of Lorde’s hit “Royals.” As the dulcet strains of his trombone take on the chart-topping tune echoed across the Kansas plains, the cows came home to hear the concert.
It’s a sweet scene of bovine fandom. We can only hope they don’t stampede when the find out that Lorde is writing a new track for the Mockingjay soundtrack.
MORE: Lorde Is Writing a New Song For the New Hunger Games Soundtrack
MORE: Weird Al’s Parody of Lorde’s “Royals” Is About…Foil
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow