Sorry Old MacDonald, but cows these days have no interest in your E-I-E-I-O schtick. Luckily, Derek Klingenberg is a modern farmer and farm-centric musical parody artist who has a YouTube channel and some unique ideas for bringing his cows home for the night.
In this video, Klingenberg set up his chair and video camera, whipped out his trombone and started to sweetly serenade his herd with a cover of Lorde’s hit “Royals.” As the dulcet strains of his trombone take on the chart-topping tune echoed across the Kansas plains, the cows came home to hear the concert.
It’s a sweet scene of bovine fandom. We can only hope they don’t stampede when the find out that Lorde is writing a new track for the Mockingjay soundtrack.
MORE: Lorde Is Writing a New Song For the New Hunger Games Soundtrack
MORE: Weird Al’s Parody of Lorde’s “Royals” Is About…Foil
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out