Boy meets girl. Boy loses girl. Boy convinces all his friends to tweet about said girl until he tracks her down.
Depending on your perspective its one of the most romantic or the creepiest stories of the year. A 24-year-old Irishman named Jamie Kelly met 27-year-old Canadian Katie Moreau on a plane from Dublin to Barcelona. The two hit it off but were separated at customs. After failing to track her down on Facebook—Kelly did not know Katie’s last name or phone number—he asked his friends to help him launch a #findkatie Twitter campaign to track her down.
The hashtags #findkatie and #loveatfirstsight quickly spread, and eventually Kelly found Moreau.
“I never thought I would ever see him again so what a surprise after a couple of pints to log onto Facebook and see all these messages,” Moreau told CBC News. “I find it very humorous because all my friends back home are losing their heads about it.” She went on to say that she too had searched for Kelly at the airport but gave up because she didn’t want to seem too desperate. “I suppose, in hindsight, looking a bit longer wouldn’t seem as desperate in comparison.”
The pair said they are chatting online and even though there is a 10-hour flight between them, they will see each other soon.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement