With estimated earnings of $51 million, Sandra Bullock made more money than any other Hollywood actress over the past year.
No doubt this has a lot to do with the explosive success of the sci-fi film Gravity, in which she plays an astronaut left to drift through outer space after her shuttle is destroyed by a debris storm. The movie earned nearly three-quarters of a billion dollars — more than twice the revenue of The Blind Side, which won Bullock an Academy Award in 2010.
Jennifer Lawrence and Jennifer Aniston were the second and third highest-paid actresses, respectively.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out