If you missed the initial airing of Sharknado 2: The Second One and have no plans to catch one of its many inevitable re-runs, you can double down by swinging by your local cinema to catch it on the big screen later this month. The hit SyFy sequel, starring Ian Ziering and Tara Reid, will arrive in theaters for one night only on Aug. 21 (8 p.m. local time).
The social media-buffered TV movie earned 3.9 million viewers for its initial airing on July 30, more than doubling the 1.4 million that the original Sharknado film drew. The in-theater version of the film will be presented by Fathom Events, better known as the company whose pre-movie advertisements you hope would end sooner so you can get to the actual trailers.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time