If you missed the initial airing of Sharknado 2: The Second One and have no plans to catch one of its many inevitable re-runs, you can double down by swinging by your local cinema to catch it on the big screen later this month. The hit SyFy sequel, starring Ian Ziering and Tara Reid, will arrive in theaters for one night only on Aug. 21 (8 p.m. local time).
The social media-buffered TV movie earned 3.9 million viewers for its initial airing on July 30, more than doubling the 1.4 million that the original Sharknado film drew. The in-theater version of the film will be presented by Fathom Events, better known as the company whose pre-movie advertisements you hope would end sooner so you can get to the actual trailers.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve