If you missed the initial airing of Sharknado 2: The Second One and have no plans to catch one of its many inevitable re-runs, you can double down by swinging by your local cinema to catch it on the big screen later this month. The hit SyFy sequel, starring Ian Ziering and Tara Reid, will arrive in theaters for one night only on Aug. 21 (8 p.m. local time).
The social media-buffered TV movie earned 3.9 million viewers for its initial airing on July 30, more than doubling the 1.4 million that the original Sharknado film drew. The in-theater version of the film will be presented by Fathom Events, better known as the company whose pre-movie advertisements you hope would end sooner so you can get to the actual trailers.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time