It’s old-school discipline with a social media twist: when one North Dakota girl acted like a “brat,” her mother reportedly sold her Katy Perry tickets on Facebook to punish her.
In a Facebook post which started “daughter is a spoiled brat and doesn’t deserve these tickets,” Fargo, N.D. mom Cindy Bjerke sold her daughter’s Katy Perry tickets for $90 within five minutes of posting. They were reportedly sold on Fargo/Moorhead Online Garage Sale Facebook page, which requires administrator privileges to view.
Bjerke’s punishment drew criticism from other parents, who thought she didn’t need to publicly humiliate her daughter. “I think a lot of parents are like me where they feel like they’re being bullied about how they should parent their own children,” Bjerke told local media outlet WDAZ. “It doesn’t matter what side you’re on, you’re always wrong to somebody.”
The post was then removed by the Facebook page’s administrators.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization