Chance the Rapper has been treating fans to live covers of the Arthur theme song for a few months now. But to celebrate this weekend’s Lollapalooza festival (held, of course, in his hometown of Chicago), the 21-year-old rapper shared a more polished cover of the popular tune, which was originally written by Ziggy Marley.
Chance recruited several other artists — including Wyclef Jean and Jessie Ware — for this studio version, which he titled “Wonderful Everday: Arthur.” The track features plenty of brass (soulful!) along with some trippy synth (dreamy!). The result is, overall, upbeat and lovely and totally worth a listen. By the end, you’ll probably forget that this is a track based on the theme song to a PBS kids’ show.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization