Vin Diesel’s character Groot may play an integral role in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, but the tree-creature superhero he plays is only capable of saying three words: “I am Groot.”
So when the actor provided the voice for his character, he did so not just for the English version of the film but for various dubbed versions for foreign audiences. Diesel also voiced Groot in Russian, Portuguese, French, and Spanish, all of which were filmed as part of behind-the-scenes footage for the film.
Guardians of The Galaxy is now playing in theaters nationwide.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve