Out of the Blue, Oxford’s all-male a cappella group, has produced a cover of Shakira’s “Hips Don’t Lie” for charity. Proceeds from purchases of the single will be donated to the Helen & Douglas House Hospice for Children and Young Adults.
Shakira recently tweeted her endorsement of the students’ rendition, which now boasts more than 2.7 million views on YouTube
— Shakira (@shakira) July 23, 2014
This medley is not the first Oxford-Shakira crossover. The Colombian pop star gave a speech about “universal access to education” at the university in December 2009.
LISTEN: Shakira’s New Single “Grandeur”
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World