Going to see Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, starring Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana this weekend? Then be sure to stick around for the after-credits scene, which the film indeed has.
There was some talk earlier this week that Guardians skipped that oh-so-well-known of Marvel Studios traditions, but those rumors only came about because the post-credits scene wasn’t included in most pre-screenings of the film. Despite those early rumors, a leaked video that’s zipping around the web (we won’t link to it here) is all but proof that you should stick around after the credits roll.
That Guardians has a post-credits scene makes plenty of sense. Thanos, a perennial Big Bad in the Marvel Universe, was first introduced to moviegoers in a brief post-credits scene for 2012’s The Avengers. Thanos plays a pretty major role in Guardians of the Galaxy, including his first lines of any real substance. It’s clear by the end of the movie that while they may be lesser-known, the fate of the Guardians characters do and will continue to intertwine with that of the more recognizable Avengers.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer