Brian Williams: News anchor, amateur rapper, embarrassing dad.
Wednesday night, Williams reported his daughter, Allison Williams, was cast in NBC’s Peter Pan, the network’s first live musical since the ratings-pulling Sound of Music.
“The actress and singer is currently in the cast of Girls on HBO,” Williams said, unable to stop himself from putting an image of a young Allison in a Peter Pan costume on screen, adding, “Family members confirm she has been rehearsing for this role since the age of three, and they look forward to seeing her fly.”
Embarrassing. Adorable. If only he had made the announcement while rapping.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement