Brian Williams: News anchor, amateur rapper, embarrassing dad.
Wednesday night, Williams reported his daughter, Allison Williams, was cast in NBC’s Peter Pan, the network’s first live musical since the ratings-pulling Sound of Music.
“The actress and singer is currently in the cast of Girls on HBO,” Williams said, unable to stop himself from putting an image of a young Allison in a Peter Pan costume on screen, adding, “Family members confirm she has been rehearsing for this role since the age of three, and they look forward to seeing her fly.”
Embarrassing. Adorable. If only he had made the announcement while rapping.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve