An Oregon toddler crashed a Jeep into a neighbor’s house and then went home to watch cartoons on Tuesday, July 22, according to police, CNN reports.
The Myrtle Creek Police Department has said the three-year-old boy managed to climb into the vehicle with the keys and knock it out of gear. KPTV reports that witnesses saw the car roll down the street and through an intersection before crashing into a neighbor’s house. A police officer found the boy sitting on the couch in his home watching cartoons on TV, Myrtle Creek Police officer Kevin Taggart told CNN.
The damage to the house is reportedly minor, and the child was not injured. ABC News reports that police cited the toddler’s mother Brennan Pennington for the lack of supervision.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.