Bad Yelp reviews can sink a budding business. So when the owner of The Supper Truck read this one-line review of her food truck last summer — “Wholy waste of $30 and an hour to get my food” — she followed up with an apology note. But she never got a response.
The owner, Amy Black, never gave up on wooing the disgruntled reviewer back though. In what is both an awesome apology and a clever marketing move to kick off the spring food cart season, Black commissioned a song by Sage and Jared’s Happy Gland Band to express her regret and offer the reviewer, Vero P., a free fried chicken Bahn Mi sandwich.
Entitled “One Star Review,” the ballad offers an explanation for the long wait (“You came for supper on a really busy night”), a heartfelt apology (“We’re sorry we let you down”), and even resorts to begging (“Don’t let us drown in our own tears”), before concluding:
Watch the video above to hear the song in full.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving