Bad Yelp reviews can sink a budding business. So when the owner of The Supper Truck read this one-line review of her food truck last summer — “Wholy waste of $30 and an hour to get my food” — she followed up with an apology note. But she never got a response.
The owner, Amy Black, never gave up on wooing the disgruntled reviewer back though. In what is both an awesome apology and a clever marketing move to kick off the spring food cart season, Black commissioned a song by Sage and Jared’s Happy Gland Band to express her regret and offer the reviewer, Vero P., a free fried chicken Bahn Mi sandwich.
Entitled “One Star Review,” the ballad offers an explanation for the long wait (“You came for supper on a really busy night”), a heartfelt apology (“We’re sorry we let you down”), and even resorts to begging (“Don’t let us drown in our own tears”), before concluding:
Watch the video above to hear the song in full.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy