Bad Yelp reviews can sink a budding business. So when the owner of The Supper Truck read this one-line review of her food truck last summer — “Wholy waste of $30 and an hour to get my food” — she followed up with an apology note. But she never got a response.
The owner, Amy Black, never gave up on wooing the disgruntled reviewer back though. In what is both an awesome apology and a clever marketing move to kick off the spring food cart season, Black commissioned a song by Sage and Jared’s Happy Gland Band to express her regret and offer the reviewer, Vero P., a free fried chicken Bahn Mi sandwich.
Entitled “One Star Review,” the ballad offers an explanation for the long wait (“You came for supper on a really busy night”), a heartfelt apology (“We’re sorry we let you down”), and even resorts to begging (“Don’t let us drown in our own tears”), before concluding:
Watch the video above to hear the song in full.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time