Bad Yelp reviews can sink a budding business. So when the owner of The Supper Truck read this one-line review of her food truck last summer — “Wholy waste of $30 and an hour to get my food” — she followed up with an apology note. But she never got a response.
The owner, Amy Black, never gave up on wooing the disgruntled reviewer back though. In what is both an awesome apology and a clever marketing move to kick off the spring food cart season, Black commissioned a song by Sage and Jared’s Happy Gland Band to express her regret and offer the reviewer, Vero P., a free fried chicken Bahn Mi sandwich.
Entitled “One Star Review,” the ballad offers an explanation for the long wait (“You came for supper on a really busy night”), a heartfelt apology (“We’re sorry we let you down”), and even resorts to begging (“Don’t let us drown in our own tears”), before concluding:
Watch the video above to hear the song in full.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror