President Obama sent Prince George a handmade rocking horse with the presidential seal on the saddle for his first birthday on July 22.
Obama also sent a polo mallet carved from an oak tree on the White House’s South Lawn to the boy who would be king. Oh, and a alpaca wool blanket for when he gets cold from horseback riding or polo-playing.
But Obama’s present isn’t as cool as some of the other gifts to royal kids on display in the Royal Childhood Exhibit in Buckingham Palace this summer. For example, Prince Andrew got a miniature Aston Martin DB5 with rotating license plates and a working smoke screen when he was six.
So maybe Barack and Michelle could up their game?
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief