President Obama sent Prince George a handmade rocking horse with the presidential seal on the saddle for his first birthday on July 22.
Obama also sent a polo mallet carved from an oak tree on the White House’s South Lawn to the boy who would be king. Oh, and a alpaca wool blanket for when he gets cold from horseback riding or polo-playing.
But Obama’s present isn’t as cool as some of the other gifts to royal kids on display in the Royal Childhood Exhibit in Buckingham Palace this summer. For example, Prince Andrew got a miniature Aston Martin DB5 with rotating license plates and a working smoke screen when he was six.
So maybe Barack and Michelle could up their game?
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.