A Kickstarter campaign called Lithographs Tattoos has successfully launched a line of (temporary) literary tattoos by creating the world’s longest (temporary) tattoo chain.
Lithrographs has previously created t-shirts, posters and tote bags featuring phrases from famous books. In order to attract funders for their temporary tatoo project, the company has broken up the entire text of Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, into 2,500 unique phrases. Each phrase will be printed once as a temporary tattoo and sent to those who pledged. Once the project officially ends, the company will post a gallery of photos that, when put together, shows the entire book on people’s bodies.
The campaign has 5,504 backers so far,and exceeded its $7,500 goal by $27,431. With that amount of funding, Lithograph says it will create tattoos for classics like The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Ulysses and Les Miserables.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.