A Kickstarter campaign called Lithographs Tattoos has successfully launched a line of (temporary) literary tattoos by creating the world’s longest (temporary) tattoo chain.
Lithrographs has previously created t-shirts, posters and tote bags featuring phrases from famous books. In order to attract funders for their temporary tatoo project, the company has broken up the entire text of Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, into 2,500 unique phrases. Each phrase will be printed once as a temporary tattoo and sent to those who pledged. Once the project officially ends, the company will post a gallery of photos that, when put together, shows the entire book on people’s bodies.
The campaign has 5,504 backers so far,and exceeded its $7,500 goal by $27,431. With that amount of funding, Lithograph says it will create tattoos for classics like The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Ulysses and Les Miserables.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow