Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda is coming.
Syfy is continuing it’s manifest destiny to be the destination for must-see, must-mock, made-for-TV movies with the very dramatic film produced by gore master Roger Corman and featuring talk show host Conan O’Brien. While the movie (event?) doesn’t air until August 2nd, fans don’t need to wait that long to see O’Brien’s spectacularly gruesome cameo, which in true Corman fashion is both horrifying and hysterical.
The clip was unveiled last night on Conan, when Corman stopped by to help promote the film, and while O’Brien’s part is just a cameo, it will undoubtedly be collected on listicles of Best Cameos Ever for years to come.
If you dare to watch, be forewarned it’s truly violent, patently disgusting and darkly humorous. That said, the clip brought the <em>Conan</em> studio audience to its feet for a well-deserved standing ovation. It’s just too bad that they only give out Oscars for films released in theaters.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve