If you feel awkward watching the Fifty Shades of Grey trailer at your desk, imagine how it must feel to be the parents of the stars. While presenting the trailer for the Beyoncé-approved adaptation of E.L. James’ wildly popular erotic novel on the TODAY show Thursday, Dakota Johnson told co-host Savannah Guthrie that she doesn’t want her mom and dad to check out her acting talents.
“Not at all,” said Johnson, who is the daughter of actors Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith. “I mean, if it were them doing the movie, I wouldn’t want to see that.”
Johnson plays Anastasia Steele, an innocent college girl who starts a relationship with kinky billionaire Christian Grey, but the actress says shooting the steamy movie was anything but intimate.
“It’s not like a romantic situation, it’s more technical and choreographed — it’s more of a task,” she said. And nothing says Valentine’s Day quite like “technical and choreographed.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State