After Eric Garner was killed on Staten Island while being arrested July 22, the footage of the incident quickly turned into a national debate over the use of force by police.
From Rodney King in the early 1990’s to Oscar Grant in 2009, examples of excessive force by officers caught on tape may have fallen by the wayside, were it not for their being captured on video.
The world of iPhones and Twitter have furthered the exposure of such incidents, which often call police behavior into question.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World