The last time Pharrell “I Don’t Think It’s Possible For Me to Be a Feminist” Williams starred in a music video that featured giant red letters plastered all over your screen, it didn’t go over so well. Perhaps that’s why, in his new clip for the funky “Come Get it Bae,” the producer basically films a Dove advertisement with a much more female-friendly message: “Beauty has no expiration date.” (Even the studio kinda looks like the one from that viral beauty sketches video.)
While Pharrell gazes from behind the camera, women of varying ages perform some hand-clapping choreography that even your grandma could probably rock. Sadly, Missy Elliott isn’t on hand to pass that dutch — as she did at the BET Awards — but at least occasional life coach Miley Cyrus shows up to represent the youths and extend a body part that is not her tongue.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow