The last time Pharrell “I Don’t Think It’s Possible For Me to Be a Feminist” Williams starred in a music video that featured giant red letters plastered all over your screen, it didn’t go over so well. Perhaps that’s why, in his new clip for the funky “Come Get it Bae,” the producer basically films a Dove advertisement with a much more female-friendly message: “Beauty has no expiration date.” (Even the studio kinda looks like the one from that viral beauty sketches video.)
While Pharrell gazes from behind the camera, women of varying ages perform some hand-clapping choreography that even your grandma could probably rock. Sadly, Missy Elliott isn’t on hand to pass that dutch — as she did at the BET Awards — but at least occasional life coach Miley Cyrus shows up to represent the youths and extend a body part that is not her tongue.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time