Attempts to achieve peace between Israel and Gaza remain at a stalemate, with no progress made on a potential ceasefire. The fact that the nations who are trying to broker the peace — Egypt, Qatar, and Turkey — have their own unsettled disputes after the Arab Spring has been slowing negotiations down.
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is in Cairo this week in attempt to encourage cease-fire agreements, but the Israeli military confirming a solider has gone missing in Gaza virtually eliminates the hope of a quick truce.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time