Actor Zach Braff went on Late Night with host Seth Meyers Monday to talk about his new movie, Wish I Was Here, which was funded by fans through Kickstarter.
With the help of about 47,000 supporters from around the world, Braff was able to write and direct the film with his brother. To thank those who funded the project, Braff said that he decided to leave personal messages on his fans’ voicemail.
But some requests were a bit odd, Braff said.
“This one guy was a dentist and wanted me to read a greeting for people in his waiting room,” Braff said. “So I did it! Welcome to Dr. Shapiro’s office! Hi I’m Zach Braff, please turn off your cellphone!”
Wish I Was Here opened in theaters July 18.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com