The Whedonverse is getting a dose of the warrior princess — although it’s unclear exactly what kind.
Lucy Lawless is joining the cast of Joss Whedon’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. for season two, TVGuide.com reports, but specifics about her role aren’t yet known.
In addition to playing the title character in Xena: Warrior Princess, Lawless has also had stints on Parks and Recreation and Battlestar Galactica.
The second season of the Marvel Comics-inspired show about a peacekeeping agency operating in a superhero-filled world returns Sept. 23 on ABC.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate