The Whedonverse is getting a dose of the warrior princess — although it’s unclear exactly what kind.
Lucy Lawless is joining the cast of Joss Whedon’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. for season two, TVGuide.com reports, but specifics about her role aren’t yet known.
In addition to playing the title character in Xena: Warrior Princess, Lawless has also had stints on Parks and Recreation and Battlestar Galactica.
The second season of the Marvel Comics-inspired show about a peacekeeping agency operating in a superhero-filled world returns Sept. 23 on ABC.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time