In the wake of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17, which was shot down last week, diplomatic pressure for Russia and Russian-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine continues to mount.
Malaysian Prime Minster Najib Razak recently announced an agreement with the leader of a pro-Russian separatist group to return bodies, hand over black boxes, and let independent international investigators access the crash site.
Here, international affairs expert Austin Long explains what the options are for the international community, as it seeks justice for victims.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org