Here are the stories TIME is following on Monday, July 21:
After allegations of pro-Russian separatists tampering with the MH17 crash site evidence, Secretary of State John Kerry demands the U.S. send investigators to debunk “wild conspiracies.”
Kerry also wants to broker a ceasefire in Gaza, after the deadliest day of fighting in 2 weeks killed at least 78 people.
Edward Snowden says that the NSA shared intercepted explicit photographs around the office.
And finally, just act like nothing happened. A Red Sox ballgirl accidentally caught a ball in play and tried to act casual to cover her mistake.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer