Here are the stories TIME is following on Monday, July 21:
After allegations of pro-Russian separatists tampering with the MH17 crash site evidence, Secretary of State John Kerry demands the U.S. send investigators to debunk “wild conspiracies.”
Kerry also wants to broker a ceasefire in Gaza, after the deadliest day of fighting in 2 weeks killed at least 78 people.
Edward Snowden says that the NSA shared intercepted explicit photographs around the office.
And finally, just act like nothing happened. A Red Sox ballgirl accidentally caught a ball in play and tried to act casual to cover her mistake.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time