Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt will reunite on screen in a drama that Jolie wrote and will direct, Universal Pictures said Friday.
The film, titled “By the Sea,” will be an intimate, character driven drama, according to the statement. Pitt and Jolie will produce.
It will be the first time the couple has co-starred in a film since Mr. and Mrs. Smith in 2005.
“I am very happy to continue my relationship with [Universal Pictures Chairman Donna Langley] and the entire Universal team as I finish Unbroken and begin work on By the Sea,” Jolie said in the statement. “They have created a very special place for storytellers, and I look forward to the continued passion and support they have provided to me as a filmmaker.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization