Catey Shaw posted her “Brooklyn Girls” music video to YouTube just two days ago, and it’s already going viral — because it’s making people so upset. Anyone who has ever actually been to Brooklyn must roll their eyes at the White Girl Problems-style lyrics: sure, rent is cheaper in Brooklyn than in Manhattan, but wearing combat boots and drinking PBR in Bushwick does not a “gritty” gal make.
Vice is calling Shaw the “Rebecca Black of Brooklyn Gentrification.” Yikes.
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year