Catey Shaw posted her “Brooklyn Girls” music video to YouTube just two days ago, and it’s already going viral — because it’s making people so upset. Anyone who has ever actually been to Brooklyn must roll their eyes at the White Girl Problems-style lyrics: sure, rent is cheaper in Brooklyn than in Manhattan, but wearing combat boots and drinking PBR in Bushwick does not a “gritty” gal make.
Vice is calling Shaw the “Rebecca Black of Brooklyn Gentrification.” Yikes.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time