Boeing has been flying high in preparation for the biggest airplane manufacturers’ trade shows this week—the Farnborough Airshow—where the aircraft maker is showing off its new 787-9 Dreamliner. In a newly released video, Boeing shows its pilots prepping for the flight program with a series of stunning maneuvers as the plane turns at sharp angles through the sky and climbs and falls in precipitous swerves.
The Dreamliner is a key strategy in Boeing’s competition with its main rival, the France-headquartered Airbus. Companies including American Airlines, United Airlines and Air France are incorporating the Dreamliner into their fleets. The Farnborough International Air Show runs July 14-20.
Check out the video here for a healthy dose of elevator rock and flight trickery, but don’t expect any barrel rolls.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow