Kacy Catanzaro became the first woman to qualify for the final round of NBC’s American Ninja Warrior on Monday night, dropping jaws around the world.
The 5-feet-tall, 100-pound gymnast passed four intense obstacles that tested her upper body strength and her small frame to the maximum, including the “log grip” and the “salmon ladder.”
“I’ve seen greatness during my NFL career,” said ANW host and former NFL defensive end Akbar Gbaja-Biamila. “And I’ve been in awe of people, but I am really in awe of Kacy.”
“We are seeing one of the greatest competitors—man or woman—we have ever seen in America Ninja Warrior,” added his co-host Matt Iseman.
Catanzaro will next compete in the ANW final in Las Vegas.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time