Kacy Catanzaro became the first woman to qualify for the final round of NBC’s American Ninja Warrior on Monday night, dropping jaws around the world.
The 5-feet-tall, 100-pound gymnast passed four intense obstacles that tested her upper body strength and her small frame to the maximum, including the “log grip” and the “salmon ladder.”
“I’ve seen greatness during my NFL career,” said ANW host and former NFL defensive end Akbar Gbaja-Biamila. “And I’ve been in awe of people, but I am really in awe of Kacy.”
“We are seeing one of the greatest competitors—man or woman—we have ever seen in America Ninja Warrior,” added his co-host Matt Iseman.
Catanzaro will next compete in the ANW final in Las Vegas.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This