Kacy Catanzaro became the first woman to qualify for the final round of NBC’s American Ninja Warrior on Monday night, dropping jaws around the world.
The 5-feet-tall, 100-pound gymnast passed four intense obstacles that tested her upper body strength and her small frame to the maximum, including the “log grip” and the “salmon ladder.”
“I’ve seen greatness during my NFL career,” said ANW host and former NFL defensive end Akbar Gbaja-Biamila. “And I’ve been in awe of people, but I am really in awe of Kacy.”
“We are seeing one of the greatest competitors—man or woman—we have ever seen in America Ninja Warrior,” added his co-host Matt Iseman.
Catanzaro will next compete in the ANW final in Las Vegas.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time