A man allegedly broke into the Kennedy compound in Barnstable, Mass. on Tuesday, but he wasn’t looking for a scion of the celebrated political family. He was looking for the the pop singer Katy Perry.
Ted Kennedy Jr. was away at his Connecticut home when he phoned his property in Massachusetts and a stranger answered, police said. Kennedy called the police, who found a black car parked outside the house when they arrived.
Fifty-three-year-old James Lacroix was in the kitchen, wearing a Captain America T-shirt and camouflage shorts, police said.
Lacroix was arrested for breaking and entering, CNN reports. He told the police he had been there for three hours and was looking for the pop singer Katy Perry.
Does Lacroix know something we don’t know, or might he have confused Perry with former Kennedy paramour Taylor Swift? Perhaps we’ll never know.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow