A man allegedly broke into the Kennedy compound in Barnstable, Mass. on Tuesday, but he wasn’t looking for a scion of the celebrated political family. He was looking for the the pop singer Katy Perry.
Ted Kennedy Jr. was away at his Connecticut home when he phoned his property in Massachusetts and a stranger answered, police said. Kennedy called the police, who found a black car parked outside the house when they arrived.
Fifty-three-year-old James Lacroix was in the kitchen, wearing a Captain America T-shirt and camouflage shorts, police said.
Lacroix was arrested for breaking and entering, CNN reports. He told the police he had been there for three hours and was looking for the pop singer Katy Perry.
Does Lacroix know something we don’t know, or might he have confused Perry with former Kennedy paramour Taylor Swift? Perhaps we’ll never know.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now