A man allegedly broke into the Kennedy compound in Barnstable, Mass. on Tuesday, but he wasn’t looking for a scion of the celebrated political family. He was looking for the the pop singer Katy Perry.
Ted Kennedy Jr. was away at his Connecticut home when he phoned his property in Massachusetts and a stranger answered, police said. Kennedy called the police, who found a black car parked outside the house when they arrived.
Fifty-three-year-old James Lacroix was in the kitchen, wearing a Captain America T-shirt and camouflage shorts, police said.
Lacroix was arrested for breaking and entering, CNN reports. He told the police he had been there for three hours and was looking for the pop singer Katy Perry.
Does Lacroix know something we don’t know, or might he have confused Perry with former Kennedy paramour Taylor Swift? Perhaps we’ll never know.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart