Jenny Lewis doesn’t need to be one of the guys — especially not when she can call up Anne Hathaway, Kristen Stewart and Brie Larson and organize an A-list all-lady jam sesh. The Rilo Kiley frontwoman may bemoan her biological clock and gender roles in the Beck-produced song “Just One of the Guys,” off her upcoming album The Voyager, but in this brand-new clip, it seems she’s having a much better time poking fun at (literal) gender performance with her actress pals than trying to observe any code about lady-like behavior.
A lighter follow-up to the haunting title track she premiered last week, this video manages to be a victory for gender studies majors, fans of good music and blazer aficionados — all at once.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer