Jenny Lewis doesn’t need to be one of the guys — especially not when she can call up Anne Hathaway, Kristen Stewart and Brie Larson and organize an A-list all-lady jam sesh. The Rilo Kiley frontwoman may bemoan her biological clock and gender roles in the Beck-produced song “Just One of the Guys,” off her upcoming album The Voyager, but in this brand-new clip, it seems she’s having a much better time poking fun at (literal) gender performance with her actress pals than trying to observe any code about lady-like behavior.
A lighter follow-up to the haunting title track she premiered last week, this video manages to be a victory for gender studies majors, fans of good music and blazer aficionados — all at once.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears