Still on trial for murder, Oscar Pistorius had a run-in with a wealthy businessman at a trendy South African club Saturday night.
South Africa’s Eye Witness News names businessman Jared Mortimer as the other party in the altercation, and reported that he alleges Pistorius was intoxicated and insulted his friends prior to poking him in the chest.
Pistorius’s people had a different account of the contre-temps. “We can confirm that Oscar was at the said venue with one of his cousins. They sat in a quiet booth in the VIP section when they were approached by an individual who has now been identified as a Mr. Mortimer,” Pistorius’ spokesperson Anneilese Burgess told ABC News.
“The individual, according to my client, started to aggressively interrogate him on matters relating to the trial… An argument ensued during which my client asked to be left alone. Oscar soon thereafter left the club with his cousin. My client regrets the decision to go to a public space and thereby inviting unwelcome attention.”
Pistorius’s murder trial for the fatal shooting of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, will resume Aug. 7. The Paralympian says he shot Steenkamp by accident.
Since the occurrence, Pistorius has been tweeting inspirational quotes:
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization