After several failures to launch, Chris Pratt is finally going to outer space — at least, in the movies.
The Parks and Recreation actor is starring in the upcoming superhero flick Guardians of the Galaxy, but he had to face plenty of intergalactic rejection before he could bring the Marvel comic book character of Star-Lord to life on screen.
In the current issue of Entertainment Weekly, Pratt explains how he auditioned for the roles of Jake Sully in Avatar and Captain Kirk in the reboot of Star Trek. Pratt remembers the Avatar audition as particularly rough:
At least Pratt now stars alongside Zoe Saldana, who did land roles in Star Trek and Avatar and who dresses up like another colorful alien in Guardians (this time in green), so it’s not like he really missed out on anything.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror