A New York private eye told the New York Post that drones are essentially being used in the one way everyone thought they would: to spy on people. While this use of the unmanned aircraft sounds… just about right… there are many surprising ways that drones have become incorporated into everyday life. Here are some of our favorites:
Like selfies. But with a drone.
2. High-Tech Alcohol Consumption
Las Vegas’ Cosmopolitan Marquee Dayclub offers a poolside bottle service delivered by drones.
3. Laundry Service
A Philadelphia dry cleaner used drones to deliver clean clothing to customers. Beware of strong gusts of wind wrinkling newly pressed button downs.
And a company called Burrito Bomber has outlined plans to become the world’s first airborne Mexican food delivery service.
5. Modern Love
FlowerDeliveryExpress.com tried to use a drone flower delivery service for Valentine’s Day. The love hating FAA shut the operation down.
A man delivered his now-wife a diamond ring via drone. “It’s like a little alien,” she said as the drone descended. How romantic.
The Chinese government shut down a bakery’s operation to have drones deliver baked goods.
8. Drug Dealing
A San Francisco startup called QuiQui (pronounce “quickie”) plans to start delivering prescription drugs in under 15-seconds. Sorry—no medical marijuana.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction