The actress who plays Cat Valentine in the Nickelodeon show Sam & Cat said in an emotional Facebook post that she will continue to draw inspiration from her character after the show stops airing.
“One of my favorite things about Cat was that she never lost her sense of wonder,” Ariana Grande wrote Sunday following news of the cancellation. “As we grow up we become more and more jaded and fearful of how we come across. We hold back a little more, protect ourselves a little more and although Cat goes through the same ridicule as anybody else does growing up, she never changed or lost her childlike wonder. To me that’s the bravest, most special thing about her.”
Grande added that she “will always … appreciate [Cat’s] help in [her] personal growth from teenager to adult.”
Even though the show has proven a ratings hit, Nickelodeon confirmed its cancellation Sunday. The announcement came amid rumors that its two main stars, Grande and Jennette McCurdy, have been fighting. Sam & Cat will air one more episode titled #GettinWiggy on July 17.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time