Here are the stories TIME is watching this Monday, July 14.
Israel warns Palestinians of impending attacks, but ignores the UN’s call for a ceasefire and continues to launch airstrikes against Hamas in Gaza — as rocket fire at Israel goes on almost unabated.
Citigroup settled with the Department of Justice for $7 billion over subprime mortgage deals that helped create the 2008 financial crisis.
Colorado and Washington may have legalized weed, but employers are still able to fire employees who light up in their spare time.
And finally, LeBron James made news twice in one weekend. After committing to the Cleveland Cavaliers, the basketball megastar filmed a streaker at the World Cup final and posted it to Instagram.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time