Kiss is coming to the City of Sin.
The shock rockers have been booked for a Las Vegas residency starting in November, USA Today reports. The veteran hard rock band, celebrating its 40th anniversary, will be playing nine shows in Las Vegas beginning on November 5. They’ve been booked to play The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino.
It’s a fitting venue for a band inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April. The Joint has played host to other rock heavyweights including Santana, Guns N’ Roses and Def Leppard.
“Whatever you’re used to with Kiss, this will pump it up that much more,” guitarist Paul Stanley told USA Today. “If Kiss is on steroids, this is a double dose.”
The venue had been trying to book Kiss for over a year, hotel vice president Chas Smith said. “The activation will encompass the entire property for the month they’re out here — from the performances onstage to wrapping the hotel with Kiss stuff to having team members wearing Kiss shirts,” Smith said.
Since 2000, Kiss’ tours have grossed roughly $200 million, selling over three million tickets. Seats for the Las Vegas shows go on sale Friday for $49.50.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.