Don’t worry, Piper is coming back to TV.
Fans of the Netflix hit Orange Is the New Black were briefly taken in by a hoax this week when the satirical website Empire News posted a story blaring that Netflix had pulled the plug on the show about life in a women’s prison.
“We regret to inform Netflix members that Orange Is the New Black has been permanently cancelled,” the quoted Netflix’s CEO as saying in a statement. “Also, starting September 1st, 2014, past episodes will no longer be available for streaming on Netflix.”
Not so fast. Netflix posted a picture Sunday of the characters Crazy Eyes and Taystee on set filming Season 3 and assured fans the show is coming back:
The show’s official Twitter page also chimed in:
The clarification was surely welcomed by fans who had reacted to the initial “story” with shock and outrage.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022