Don’t worry, Piper is coming back to TV.
Fans of the Netflix hit Orange Is the New Black were briefly taken in by a hoax this week when the satirical website Empire News posted a story blaring that Netflix had pulled the plug on the show about life in a women’s prison.
“We regret to inform Netflix members that Orange Is the New Black has been permanently cancelled,” the quoted Netflix’s CEO as saying in a statement. “Also, starting September 1st, 2014, past episodes will no longer be available for streaming on Netflix.”
Not so fast. Netflix posted a picture Sunday of the characters Crazy Eyes and Taystee on set filming Season 3 and assured fans the show is coming back:
The show’s official Twitter page also chimed in:
The clarification was surely welcomed by fans who had reacted to the initial “story” with shock and outrage.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time