Get ready for “the first tap-dancing Captain Hook” you’ve ever seen: Christopher Walken will play the pirate villain in NBC’s upcoming live adaptation of the Peter Pan musical.
NBC Entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt announced the casting during his Sunday presentation at the Television Critics Association’s press tour in Beverly Hills, according The Hollywood Reporter.
“[Walken] might really be a song and dance man at heart,” Greenblatt said. “He’s fearless as a comedic actor and always comes to play. I guarantee you he’s going to bring his own spin to Captain Hook.”
NBC’s plans for Peter Pan follow the massive ratings (but mixed reviews) of last December’s The Sound of Music Live!, the network’s successful foray into live musical programming that starred country singer Carrie Underwood.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time