Better Call Saul, the spinoff of the Emmy-winning series Breaking Bad, will be a period piece set in 2002, the AMC network confirmed.
The show will feature Breaking Bad veterans Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman, Michael McKean as Chuck, Rhea Seehorn as Kim, Patrick Fabian as Hamlin and Michael Mando as Nacho, AMC said.
Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan directed the first episode of the show, which has already been approved for a second season of 13 episodes. The debut season will consist of 10 episodes and will appear in early 2015.
Better Call Saul will portray Saul Goodman six years before he meets Walter White. In the show, Goodman will at first be known as as Jimmy McGill, a small-time lawyer searching for his fate, and then gradually transform into the Goodman fans know from Breaking Bad.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer