It’s not often sports heroes get to bring it back to where it all started.
LeBron James is going back to the team that drafted him in 2003 while he’s in his prime, but usually stars return in the twilight of their career.
The memories fans have of their favorite players loom over diminished play from the stars, and even greats like Reggie Jackson and Babe Ruth couldn’t bring back their hometown magic.
If James is hoping to make this a happy reunion, he’s going to have to buck decades of hometown has-beens.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma