Ronald Lee Haskell, accused of slaughtering six people in his extended family, collapsed during his first court appearance Friday as the judge read the capital murder charges against him. Court bailiffs in Harris County, Texas, caught the burly suspect in his orange jail uniform before he could fall to the ground, reported NBC affiliate KPRC.
He was wheeled out of the courtroom, but was eventually brought back in to stand before the judge. A court-appointed defense attorney said his team is trying to determine the state of Haskell’s mental health as evidence shows a “troubled” history…
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com