Nine-time Grammy Award winner John Legend just unofficially defeated former “Rent” actor Taye Diggs in a sultry sing-off to see who could record the sexiest voicemail message.
The “All of Me” singer soulfully implored his future callers to leave him a message Thursday night on Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live, promising the audience in his iconic falsetto that he would eventually call them back.
Diggs, presumably unable to match Legend’s heartfelt effort, jokingly crooned a few off-key notes before conceding defeat to Legend, who can now add “Best Voicemail Recording Artist” to his already impressive list of accolades.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up